Yoga for Beauty and Health
Nauli - Stomach and Food passage cleansing - Yogic method
With shoulders bent forward one should rotate the abdomen right and left with the speed of a fast rotating whirl pool. This is called Nauli by accomplished yogis.
Note:- Nauli is practiced only after the practice of Uddiyana.
1. Stand erect at your place.
2. Maintain 15" to 18" distance between legs and lean forward, place hands on respective knees or thighs. Exhale completely and retain the breath outside.
3. Expand your chest and raise your diaphragm so that abdomen is drawn in and there becomes a cavity in abdomen.
4. Middle Nauli:
Now try to isolate the central abdominal muscle. This cannot be achieved during first effort. But effort should continue. Blow out your abdomen as in Agnisara but effort should be made that central part should come out. This is called Madhyama (middle) Nauli. After maintaining it according to your limitation, return to the original position and then practice it again.
5. Left Nauli:
After attaining Middle Nauli, when we press more on left knee with left hand and lessen the pressure on right knee of right hand then the Middle Nauli shifts to left side and this is known as (Vama) left nauli.
6. Right Nauli:
Similarly when we lessen the pressure of the left hand on left knee then this accumulated muscles (of middle Nauli) shifts to right side and this is called right Nauli.
Rotation of Nauli: From Left to Right.
1. Perform Uddiyana.
2. Press lightly on both the knees from hands and draw out Middle Nauli.
3. Now pressing the left knee, lessen the pressure of right hand on right knee draw out Vama (left) Nauli.
4. Now with bringing equal pressure on both the knees, and completely minimizing the pressure on knees, return to Uddiyana position, (bring the position of Uddiyana).
5. Now press upon the right knee from right hand draw out Daksina (right) Nauli.
6. Now giving equal pressure on both the knees, draw out Madhya (middle) Nauli. If the Nauli and Uddiyana are practiced fast according to above said sequence then that is called Naulicalana (rotation). This again can be rotated in the opposite direction i.e. in the following sequence. Middle Nauli, Right Nauli, Uddiyana, Left Nauli and Right Nauli.
1. Nauli is achieved automatically by practice. Teacher only can make you understand. Do not expect it soon. If you can perform Uddiyana nicely and maintain it, the achievement of Nauli will also be equally easy.
2. Nauli is the pre-requisite for some cleansing processes like Vasti and others hence learn to practice it efficiently.
3. Never practice it after meal. It should always be practiced on empty stomach.
Benefits and Limitations :-
1. Agnisara makes the appetite normal, keeps digestive system healthy, lever becomes strong and keeps health disease less
2. All the benefits of Uddiyana can be achieved.
3. If having high blood-pressure, practice it very slowly without giving much pressure