This asana reduces excess adipose tissues over the abdominal area. It stimulates all the inner abdominal organs and cures kidney related diseases. It removes constipation, increases appetite. Due to the posterior stretch, it tones up the spinal cord.
How to reach the stretch
- From a position sitting on your heels, press your sitting bones downward.
- Press the crown of your head away from your shoulders and feel the elongation of your spine.
- Bring your hands behind your back, interlacing your fingers and, if possible, drawing the heels of your palms together. Press your hands away from your shoulders, allowing your arms to elongate, your shoulder blades to come together, and your chest to expand.
- Lift your tailbone and allow the lifting to extend your torso forward over your knees, bringing your forehead to rest on the ground.
- Allow your arms to come over your head, pressing your little fingers toward the floor in front of you.
How to release the stretch
To release, press your shins downward and drop your tailbone as you return to the starting position.
- It strengthens the internal organs of the abdominal region.
- It relieves constipation and indigestion.
- It stimulates the ovaries and the uterus in women.
- It rectifies the problem of premature ejaculation.
- It increases the memory power.
- It removes excess of fat in the abdominal region.
- It awakens the ‘Kundalini Shakti’ (Serpent power). The person becomes one with the cosmic consciousness.
- Diabetic patients should not perform this asana.
- People with serious eye, heart or back conditions should avoid doing this asana.